Thursday, October 6, 2011

God Speed Steve Jobs

Yesterday, I drove home and was getting ready for the Journey & Foreigner concert when I get a voice message from my gal pal. She's like, "I just heard Marcus D say that Steve Jobs is dead." I was standing in front of my mirror putting on concealer as I heard this message. It was shocking. Part of me thought, it can't be. He JUST left his position as CEO from Apple. But I guess his cancer was much worse than we had thought. I bet Steve was a very proud man and didn't want the world to know how severe his sickness was. He probably also didn't want to have any pity. So I hope he had a quiet and unpainful death as no one wants to die in pain. I hope that he also was surrounded by all the people he loved.

I remember the first time I had a computer. It was my cousin's Apple IIe. I played some type of summer games video game on it. Then in school we would have computer lab and play on macs. I would say Spellavator, Oregon Trail, and Carmen Sandiego were my top games. Macs were very prevalent in my younger life and less in my older as they were too expensive for my family. I just recently purchased my Macbook Air and about to embark on my journey to iPhone development.

I think yesterday is and will be remembered by all those in technology. You'll remember where you were and how you heard it.

Steve Jobs was a vindictive man with many dreams who made them come true at any cost. I can only strive to be a dreamer as he was.

God speed Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment